- How do I schedule a sail aboard GAS LIGHT?
You may call us at +1-877-725-2427 with questions or to make a reservation. Please prepare to answer the following questions of fill out our form:
- How many guests do you expect?
- What date or range of dates, are you looking for?
- Do you prefer a day or evening charter?
- Do you want us to provide food and drink or will you bring your own?
- How many people can your yacht take?
- The Schooner GAS LIGHT can take up to 49 passengers around the Bay and out underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. It’s just as amazing from below, if not more!
- Where do I board the yacht?
GAS LIGHT is located in San Francisco at South Beach Harbor Pier 40, adjacent to AT&T Ball Park. There’s easy access from the 280 Freeway if coming from the South, and the Fremont exit off the Bay Bridge will get you to the Embarcadero if coming from the East Bay.
- What is the weather like on San Francisco Bay?
Typically windy – which makes for nice sailing! And cool, also. If you’re a Bay Area resident, plan for 5-10+ degrees cooler than on land, depending how far inland, and cooler still, after 5pm.
- What should I wear?
Dressing in layers is always a smart way to go. Because yacht decks are slippery when wet, and can scratch easily, we request that you wear no heels and no studded jeans. Rubber-soled shoes are a good way to go. We will check with you a week in advance and advise based on the weather forecast and the occasion for your cruise.
- Where will we cruise?
Our guests often have requests, and if you would like some ideas, we’re happy to provide them. A lot is going to depend on the length of time you have. Three hours will allow you to see most high points in the central Bay, along with the Golden Gate Bridge. Four hours will get you more options, and five hours would give you an opportunity to cruise down to the new Bay Bridge, and also past Treasure Island, around Alcatraz, Angel Island, Raccoon Strait, past Sausalito and the under the Golden Gate Bridge, too!
- Do we bring our own food/snacks and drink, or will you provide it?
We provide water and light snacks. We can also cater or you can bring your own food.
- What is the typical etiquette for tipping/ gratuity (standard rate)? Is the tip included in the charter price? Do I tip the Captain, crew, caterers?
Our Captain and crew work very hard to ensure that you have a great experience on the Bay. 15-20% is typical. You can add it to your bill or pay the Captain directly.
- What is the payment structure? Deposit, Final Payment is due when?
Payment arrangements depend on the services you request for your charter. 50% deposit is due upon booking. The remaining 50% is due 2 weeks prior to charter.
- Can I bring my pet on board?
As much as we love animals, we’re not able to accommodate them on charter voyages.
- What is a crewed charter?
Just like it sounds! We provide the Captain and the crew, and all you need to do is relax, have fun, and enjoy the inspiring views and the fresh ocean breeze!
- How do I know the boat is in good shape?
We maintain our yachts to the highest standards. Our yachts are regularly inspected by the United States Coast Guard, including for safety!
- Is the boat smooth on the water, or will we bounce around a lot? I get seasick easily…
GAS LIGHT doesn’t “heel,” meaning she sails almost level with the waterline. It is rare to expereince sea sickness on our cruises.
- Do you have “Bay Lights Charter” souvenir goodies, like shirts, hats, and any of that?
Yes we do! We have a Captain’s locker on board. You may purchase any of the items listed from the ship’s purser any time during the voyage. We’ll also offer quantity discounts for group orders, and we can provide special customization.
- Is there parking available nearby?
Yes. There are several parking lots and street parking within 2-3 blocks of the boarding area at South Beach Harbor Pier 40. (Note: Pier 40 is located on the Embarcadero, South of the Ferry Building Clock Tower next to AT&T Park. It is nowhere near Pier 39. All even numbered piers are South of the Ferry Building, and odd numbers are North (click here for parking locations).
- How do I make a reservation?
Inquire Now (hot link to form) or call us at 877-725-2427